Commonwealth Warriors

Commonwealth Warriors
Ready for Anything

Monday 10 April 2023

New field kit

 Since moving to Nunavut to teach, I have acquired some additional kit both for Arctic survival plus gear I can use down south.

First up is a new Small pack. My current British DPM small pack needs some repairs, so I may have to pack it up to be sent home, whenever I return.

Next, a basic entrenching tool, which I have used for snow removal around my apartment. 

I also invested in a new Arctic sleeping bag, good for -45c as my Canadian Army 1960s issue was used by my cat as a toilet. Needless to say, I didn't pack it

My friend Bill Thompson who served in the RCHA sent me his Mukluks which are very comfortable with a spare pair of socks.

And I have also ordered snow overalls and a new parkha from BassPro to augment what I have brought. I want to be able to layer my clothes so I have invested in 3L 

No comments:

Post a Comment