Commonwealth Warriors

Commonwealth Warriors
Ready for Anything

Wednesday 8 May 2019

652 Squadron Royal Canadian Air Cadets field exercise 2019

This was the first one I was able to deploy with my sons squadron. I was able to help several sections with building bashas.
Ian practices how to build a shelter without trees

a basic A frame

the shelter his section built, he had chosen to bunk with his mate but had to throw in a cadet who was mooching off others.

since I am still classified as a civilian Instructor, I wasnt able to wear my surplus Cadpat but I checked with the Military Police corporal on the exercise who said if it wasnt an issue one, without rank or insignia, I could have worn it, however I brought some of my other Bush kit

one of the officers giving a lecture on basic survival and how to prepare food you have caught.

spit roasted bunny rabbit 

Cpl Ian Redden 

 bunny, the cadets were not permitted to eat due to regulations dealing with food prep. However the officers were allowed and I got the chance to have some

cadets toasting marshmallows, I was told by my son that the cadets enjoyed my company and support as well as my manner in how I dealt with them when speaking about topics not permitted or using fowl language. I only had to speak once and they understood that they were to lead by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment