Commonwealth Warriors

Commonwealth Warriors
Ready for Anything

Friday 19 December 2014

Impersonators of Service personnel

Recently, there has been a lot of videos on youtube and news articles about people posing as military members.
With internet shopping, it is rather easy to buy some of this kit surplus. However, why people would purposely buy this kit to wear it to be someone they aren't is puzzling.

I like to wear military kit, but I am very careful about what I buy, and wear. I was unable to serve in the Canadian Forces due to a medical condition, but I was able to join the Halifax Citadel Regimental Association and portray a 78th Highlander, and a Royal Artillery gunner. I also tried to join the Royal Canadian Army Cadets in the 1980s but my Mum wouldn't let me. My father was ok with that, and in fact had been the founding officer of the corps I was going to join.
I respect members of the military, and am very aware that wearing kit inappropriately and wearing badges I did not earn, is not taken lightly.
My grandfather served in World War Two. My father was in the Nova Scotia Highlanders during the Cold War.

No comments:

Post a Comment