Commonwealth Warriors

Commonwealth Warriors
Ready for Anything

Sunday 27 April 2014

The Military Museums Calgary

This institution is made up of 4 Regimental museums of the Canadian army in Western Canada as well as The Royal Canadian Navy and the Royal Canadian Airforce. I visited this site on Friday, April 25, to contemplate the sacrifices made by Canadian men and women in the wars our country has had to fight. As well, I needed a quiet place to think to deal with the loss of my mother. I took so many pictures that I will have to ask my brother in law to help me store them, then once I get back to Japan I can then add them to the blog. It's worth the wait. This museum is the second largest military museum in Canada, only the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa is bigger.
With a T-72 which the Canadian army faced in Bosnia, and Kuwait-Iraq, 

M113 TOW

Churchill tank of The Calgary Regiment used at Dieppe, 1942

6pdr Anti-tank gun, RCA



Outside display of armour 

The entrance to the museum
With a 17pdr Anti-tank gun. My great great cousin used this when he was with the 2nd Anti-Tank Regiment, RCA during the Normandy campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment